1. How do I know I have raccoons in the attic/chimney? In some cases you might see the damages caused by raccoons on your roof. ex. insulation on the floor. You will also hear loud noises, scratching and growling. During baby season, you will hear chittering and chattering.
2. How will you get rid of them? In most cases we use a one-way door system for humane raccoon removal. During baby season babies need to be removed physically and placed in an incubator. We also use snaring if the raccoon is accessable (ex. in a garage). Only in some cases we use trapping as the last resort. By law we have to release the captured raccoon within 1 km.
3. What is a one-way door? One-way door is humane device that allows the raccoons to get out on their own and not be able to get back in.
4. Is there any guarantee? Yes. All our work and material supplied is guaranteed for 1 year. We use 16 guage galvanized steel mesh which lasts 15-20 years.
5. Is Live Trapping a good idea?
Live trapping is not the best solution due to the following reasons:
- Live traps are not targeted to a specific animal. You may catch an animal, but not the one causing the problem. You could catch one of five animals living in a specific area.
- Setting a trap and relocating a nursing mother can cause babies to starve and die in a chimney or inside of walls. This causes terrible odor problems.
- Trapping and relocating alone does not fix the problem. There are many places that animals can use to get into your house such as roof vents, roof pipes and chimneys. The best way is taking prevention measures and sealing all potential entry points.
6. Should I just call my Roofer? Roofers usually dont have the necessary experience or the equipment to solve your raccoon problem. Mostly they will block the hole and lock the raccoon inside. This will usually cause more damage and problems. Call a raccoon removal professional.
We proudly service the following cities:
Toronto, North York, Thornhill, Richmond hill, Aurora, Newmarket, Scarborough, Markham, Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Ajax & more.